The season of soups are here. It's comforting, it's easy.
Sharing here my first trial of mushroom soup. I really loved it and the men at home too.
When I made it, I was really out of time so I couldn't go for any 'exotic' recipe.
So yes friends I googled. Most of the recipes I found were mentioning lots of vegetables - synonym of more chopping - other recipes were really tempting but there were too many time consuming steps to follow.
So I did one by myself. It took me less than 35 minutes.
This recipe yield 4 persons
- 500 g white mushroom
- 4 cloves garlic - roughly chopped
- 1 large onion - finely chopped
- 2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup low fat milk - you can of course go for a fatter milk - it could only taste better
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 3 cup water
In this soup we will have the mushrooms in 2 different shapes/texture : pureed (of course it's a soup after all ) and lengthwise cut (i like to get something to chew in a soup).
Let's start the easy job !
- Prepare the mushrooms : Separate the stems from the heads.
- Chop the stems and the onion very finely.
- In a pot, add 2 table spoon olive oil. When hot, add in the garlic and sauté. Add the chopped onion and some salt and sauté till it become translucent.
- Now you can add the chopped mushroom stems. Sauté till the color changes. Season with pepper.
- Add water. Lid on, bring it to boil.
**** Meanwhile ****
- In a pan add 2 table spoon olive oil. Add in the mushroom heads lengthwise cut.Cook until the mushrooms are dry and get a brown color. At this point I don't add in oil anymore because while getting brown the mushrooms get a nice smokey flavor as well. Season with salt.
Once this is done, put aside.
**** Back to our boiled mushroom stems and onion ****
- Sieve them and conserve the stock.
- In a blender, add milk and the sieved content. Blend well.
- Put the mixture and the sauteed mushroom back to the stock.
- Boil the soup and let it simmer for 2 or 3 minutes.
Increase the quantity of the stock for a runny soup or decrease for a thicker version. Check seasonings.
And here you are, perfect for an autumn supper.
You don't want it light ? A dollop of fraiche cream, some gruyère cheese, some dry herbs like rosemary will add another dimension to the soup.